SAVOX Hardline Victim Locator Kit is lightweight, portable, battery powered and can be operated by a single rescuer. Multiple kits can be deployed simultaneously on the same site without interfering with each other. It is a completely stand alone system that gives a single rescuer the ability to search a collapse. On location of a victim, two-way voice communication is established immediately. The kit is designed for:
- Confined space rescue
- Collapse rescue
- Urban search and rescue
The Victim Locator Kit is a two-way communications system designed to provide responders with a basic means of quickly locating victims and establishing communication. The lightweight system can be easily deployed by a single rescuer to search a collapsed structure.
The kit’s rescue probe consists of a waterproof, shock resistant speaker and microphone enclosed in a cylindrical, stainless steel shell. The probe, measuring 1.65” in diameter, easily passes through a 2” bore hole. It can be attached to a PVC pipe or rope and lowered into collapsed structures, sewers, mine shafts or rubble piles.
The rescue probe is not a replacement for the Delsar LifeDetector (seismic and acoustic listening sensors), but rather an additional tool to assist with victim location and communication.
- The probe is constructed of a very rugged stainless steel with a durable nylon tip The rescue probe is a full duplex two-way communication device, giving rescuers the ability to hear victims as well as talk to them
- Attaching metal or PVC pipe to the back of the probe allows rescuers to push it deeply into a collapse through holes, cracks, etc
- The diameter of the probe body is 1.65” which allows it to easily pass through a 2: bore hole
- Uses a sensitive omni directional microphone
- Interchangeable with all Con-Space Hardline Communications Systems